NovAntiqua is a record and media label born in 2010 and composed by a diverse group of musicians. NovAntiqua’s artists get together in complete freedom under the sole common denominator of being asymmetrical, decentralized and peripheral with respect to the mainstream and, by nature, they tend to cultural meandering.
NovAntiqua is a small planet with a centerless orbit that is irregular and constantly inconstant. It is a musical world with many centers of gravity and no satellite.
NovAntiqua is distributed by: Note-1 Music | Egea Music | Socadisc
The Novantiqua Manifest
Every little handling of a human being is a political act and potentially revolutionary. So also a little independent label has to be a little answer against the wrong part of the world. How can a little independent music label be a part of the revolution? First of all: why we still produce CDs and LPs? The idea of digital music as the only alternative to the production of a physical support is desperately leading to an underpaid system because of the streaming. Spotify & co. pay so less that it would be impossible for not commercial/mass music to survive, you have to know that an half million of streaming on Spotify means no more then 1500 €! This means that the dictatorship of the capitalism still (and will) influence the artistic production on the planet in a totally new, absolutistic way. You will survive if you produce mass wares, otherwise you will be invisible or death.
So we still produce CDs for five reasons:
1. There is a lot of incredible musicians with wonderful original ideas and music to bring to the light of the world.
2. The same reason because books still exist!
3. We believe that the digitally world gives a sense of not importance to the things, a way of life based on a cheap "catch and carry". We need to choose and touch our beloved persons like our beloved things.
4. We give a lot of care producing our CDs and LPs and we like this, from the recording, to the graphic and the materials, we like that people feel our attention in doing it and they can feel it only having a real object.
5. We hope that in ten years or more the listeners will still like to listen music from our CDs, then they will have to take time, put the cd in the player and dedicate some time to the music. It’s not a “fast hearing”: if Spotify is Deliveroo with an underpaid student on a bicycle living eight hours breathing shit in the traffic, a CD is a real restaurant. Like a big club is a mass ware for mass people and a little club with Iive music is for people who like to listen to it.
NovAntiqua aims to be so climate neutral as possible, so we reduced to the minimum the abuse of plastic in the production and we don’t produce more then we need, we know: “if you produce a lot is cheaper” but for us it's more important to pay the right to receive what we really need and don't stimulate hyper-production. We don’t ship our items with super fast courier. We don’t want to be part of this idea of the unnatural ultra fast society. You buy on our online shop and we will delivery with a normal post, in a human time. If you buy on our website we don’t use 24H service, no DHL, Amazon or other slavery systems. Why have I to receive something in only 24 hours if I bought it on an online shop in Italy and I live in Australia? Learn to wait again, human being, you will be more and more satisfied. We decide the price of our music without rules: our pricing system has to be free from the capitalistic idea of price dumping/growing that kills quality of the things and reduce the work of the people to an “economical function”. We are not “cheaper because is internet”. We are happier if you go in a music shop in your city, speaking with the people working there and buy there our music, then if you buy on our online shop! If you want to buy online, please, stay on our website and buy music with our "price-no-price policy"!